Saturday, January 17, 2009


HUMOUR:
ZOMBIE APPRECIATION DAY:
Here's one to break the monotony of endless political posts. What follows is a Facebook event for which I have an invitation. I thought I'd share it with my readers. I'm not a great fan of zombies. Vampires are more my taste (just finished reading another Anne Rice novel a few weeks ago). I guess, however, that the least romantic of the undead deserve some sort of recognition. Besides, any old excuse for a holiday. So shuffle on over if you dare.
.........................

ZOMBIE APPRICIATION DAY:
Lets make 1/23 a day to forget (because the part of our brains that retain memories will be eaten)
Event Info
Host:
National Institute of the Undead
Type:
Party - Holiday Party
Start Time:
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 12:00am
End Time:
Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 12:00am
Location:
Everywhere
Contact Info
Email:
summersweety111@hotmail.com
Description
Zombies deserve some recognition and celebration, so we've decided to do what should have been done long ago- and made a holiday just for them. We will be showing our discontent with the negative light Zombies are shown in in popular culture by painting our faces and dressing like these proud and hugely misrepresented peoples. We ask for your support! Pull out those old ripped jeans and go crazy with the fake blood! And please, bite as many non-believers as possible.
Disclaimer for administrators and other such authority figures who can't take a joke: This "holiday" is merely for fun, because we need some (ANY) form of entertainment in order to keep from turning into "Zombies" ourselves. Go watch Sean of the Dead.

1 comment:

Larry Gambone said...

I am rather partial to werewolves, myself.